today i am happy to report that i am alive and well. after surviving a fire at my apartment a few days ago. yes, that’s right a FIRE! at 2:30am. otherwise known as closing time at the irish bar across the street. about a dozen (mostly inebriated) people rushed inside to quell the flames, two of whom carried fire extinguishers. swoooooon! if only i had been wearing makeup…so it turns out screaming “fire!” at the top of my lungs while barely clothed is, in fact, a good survival method. after hugging each and every person — even those who resisted — i moved. for the umpteenth time. in the dark.
now i have found myself back at my old apartment. with no electrical wiring malfunctions (at least not yet!). experiencing deja vu in my new/old hood of montmartre. feeling so thankful for strangers and friends alike. one of whom gave up her bed for moi the morning after so i could finally go to sleep. she offered me juice, tea, wine, or whisky. guess what i chose?
now, i must return to the irish bar. and make out w/everybody as a thank you. well it’s either that or cupcakes. and this time, you best believe i will have on makeup. and shoes.
here’s to the kindness of strangers. friends. and of course, the irish. bonne nuit, bebes!